In Windows 7 or 8 you will need to launch Internet Explorer 10 or FireFox from the Desktop. Opening Internet Explorer 10 from the Start Menu will not work as plugins are disabled.
To initiate a call to a camera with the address bill.smith you would type in www.biscotti.com/call/bill.smith in the address bar of your browser.
If this is your first time using Biscotti browser calling you will see a plugin installation page first. You can install the plugin by doing the following:
- Click the “Install Plugin” button.
- Click “Run” on the prompt shown below.
- Click “More info” on the Windows SmartScreen prompt shown below.
- Then click “Run anyway” as shown below.
- This will launch the Biscotti web-rtc installer. Click “Next” on the screens shown below until installation is complete, then click “Close”.
- Internet Explorer 10 will then prompt you for permission to allow the plugin to work. You will need to click “Allow” multiple times on the pop-up shown below until it goes away.
- Once this is complete you will not need to do steps 1-6 again in order to call Biscotti. Instead you will see the screen shown below in your web browser, which will prompt you to enter your first and last name. Then click the “Begin Call” button to start your video call.